July 27, 2018 0 min to read
Cold Brew Breakfast Smoothie
Category : bdg recipes
This smoothie combines the best of breakfast – coffee and a smoothie – but with a protein boost to get you through your day. The recipe calls for almond butter and since you are already adding coffee, look for the Barney Butter Vanilla Bean Espresso flavor. It’s delicious. I like to add cocoa nibs to my smoothies because I like a little bit of texture. Feel free to leave these out if you want your smoothie to be, well, smooth.
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite nut milk)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 cup cold brew coffee (or chilled brewed coffee)
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs (optional)
Add milk and dates to a blender and whir it up until the dates are chopped into fine pieces. Add banana, almond butter, coffee, protein powder, and flax seeds. Whir it up until thick. Thin with a little more almond milk if necessary. Pour into a glass and top with cocoa nibs.